GDPR is an EU-wide privacy and data protection law that regulates how EU residents’ data is protected by companies and enhances the control the EU residents have, over their personal data.
The GDPR is relevant to any globally operating company and not just the EU-based businesses and EU residents. Our customers’ data is important irrespective of where they are located, which is why we have implemented GDPR controls as our baseline standard for all our operations worldwide.
Any data that relates to an identifiable or identified individual. GDPR covers a broad spectrum of information that could be used on its own, or in combination with other pieces of information, to identify a person. Personal data extends beyond a person’s name or email address. Some examples include financial information, political opinions, genetic data, biometric data, IP addresses, physical addresses, sexual orientation, and ethnicity.
The Data Protection Principles include requirements such as:
- Personal data collected must be processed in a fair, legal, and transparent way and should only be used in a way that a person would reasonably expect.
- Personal data should only be collected to fulfill a specific purpose and it should only be used for that purpose. Organizations must specify why they need personal data when they collect it.
- Personal data should be held no longer than necessary to fulfill its purpose.
- People covered by the GDPR have the right to access their own personal data. They can also request a copy of their data, and that their data be updated, deleted, restricted, or moved to another organization.
- We are aware that if you are working with EU customers, you need to be able to provide them with the ability to access, update, retrieve and remove personal data. We got you! We’ve been set up as self-service from the start and have always given you access to your data and your customer’s data. Our customer support team is here for you to answer any questions you might have about working with the API.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We will use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Marketing/ Promotional
- Customer feedback collection
- Targeted advertising
- Manage customer order
- Site Protection
If we want to use your information for any other purpose, we will ask you for consent and will use your information only upon receiving your consent and then, only for the purpose(s) for which grant consent unless we are required to do otherwise by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION:
We will not transfer your personal information to any third party without seeking your consent, except in limited circumstances as described below:
- Ad service
- Marketing agencies
- Data collection & process
We require such third parties to use the personal information we transfer to them only for the purpose for which it was transferred and not to retain it for longer than is required for fulfilling the said purpose.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION:
Depending on the law that applies, you may have a right to access and rectify or erase your personal data or receive a copy of your personal data, restrict or object to the active processing of your data, ask us to share (port) your personal information to another entity, withdraw any consent you provided to us to process your data, a right to lodge a complaint with statutory authority and such other rights as may be relevant under applicable laws. To exercise these rights, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
Do note that if you do not allow us to collect or process the required personal information or withdraw the consent to process the same for the required purposes, you may not be able to access or use the services for which your information was sought.
The security of your information is important to us and we will use reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration of your information under our control. However, given the inherent risks, we cannot guarantee absolute security and consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
THIRD-PARTY LINKS & USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
GRIEVANCE / DATA PROTECTION OFFICER:
If you have any queries or concerns about the processing of your information that is available with us, you may email our Grievance Officer at O po to, MB, Pagubės Sodų 23-ioji g. 10, email: email@example.com. We will address your concerns in accordance with applicable law.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Phone number: +370 655 32605
Via Website’s Contact Form: https://opoto.eu/